Eight (more) Random Things
Well… I’ve been tagged. Normally, I love this — it’s fun to be asked to share my thoughts. But, since this one is on Eight Random Things About Me, and I already have 101 of them posted, I feel like it’s overkill. Too Much Karen or something like that.
But, since you’ve twisted my arm 😉 , I’ll comply.
1. I had braces from 8th grade through 10th grade. My oldest son’s unfortunate mouth looks much like mine did, with too-big teeth in a too-small mouth. My wisdom teeth, which I finally had extracted in February of this year, pushed my teeth out of place again, and I’ve been wondering if I should pursue getting braces again. Seeing pics of myself reminds me of how much my teeth are out of alignment. Ack.
2. I will be 34 next month, which I think places me in the “mid-30s” range. My hubby thinks I still qualify for “early 30s”. 😀
3. I could easily be a hermit. However, I believe that God didn’t call me for hermitage, so much of my whole adulthood has been focused on becoming willingly entrenched in the Body of Christ, and amongst humanity in general.
4. I’m much nicer than I used to be.
5. I think one of the greatest personal benefits of Christianity is that one is not stuck being who one is. That gives me hope for myself, hope for my hubby, hope for my kids… I am not despondent about the future of any Christian.
6. I have waivered somewhat between being an Old Earth Creationist and a Young Earth Creationist, but my recent trip to the Grand Canyon has, I think, more firmly cemented the ideas of YECism in my mind. I’ll post more on this later (I think), but a phenomenal book on the subject is: The Grand Canyon: A Different View. I’d heard about it before our trip, and purchased it in the GC bookshop after a Ranger talk on geology. We’re reading through it now, as part of school.
7. I weigh 154.5 lbs. Oddly, this is exactly where my weight has settled post-pregnancy, for the last 9ish years, unless I’m really doing something about it — like travelling and eating too much, or conversely, in the middle of an exercise regimen.
8. I really need a haircut. I can’t believe it has been, again, about a year since I got my hair cut. <sigh> My friend Erin’s phenomenal haircut is inspiring me.
TAGGED: Anyone who wants to respond. I feel like I’ve been tagging folks too much, afraid maybe they don’t want to respond???