The Middle Name Meme
Sarah at The Learning Umbrella, tagged me eons ago (actually, July 13th) for a middle name meme. I rather dislike memes that have bunches of rules, but the meme itself is quite interesting, so here goes:
- You have to post these rules before you give you the facts.
- Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
- When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
- At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My middle name is JOY. So…
J ~ is for jog. Breaking my toe, which has rendered me unable to hike, let alone jog, is heightening my desire to get out and run again. I love to run, but right now I’m not in great shape, and want to start up again. It’s my goal to run a marathon by the time I’m 35, so I need to get crackin’ because I have less than a year left to reach that goal!
O ~ is for obstinate. I tend to be rather unyielding. I like to figure out the best way to do something, then do it. I don’t like for anyone to try to dissuade me, and it’s hard for me to alter course, once I’m set in motion. This can be both a good thing and a bad thing.
Y ~ is for yesterday. I want to be on a course of continual improvement. I don’t want my tomorrows to be stuck in my yesterdays. One of the things I love best about Christianity is that I’m not stuck forever with my faults and flaws and errors of yesterday — Christianity is all about going “further up and further in” and not being stagnant, nor having a victim mentality, nor about making excuses about “that’s just the way I am.” Hope isn’t just about heaven; it’s about a better life here on earth.