Diamondbacks Peanut-Free Night!!!!!!!!!
My many, many thanks to a kind-hearted stranger named Dawn, who posted a comment on an older blog post, where I was longing for the Diamondbacks to facilitate some kind of peanut-free night. Otherwise, I would not have known that it’s official:
- For the 5:10 game on Saturday, September 13, 2008 against the Reds, the Diamondbacks will have a party suite designated as peanut-free!!!
- It’s a glassed-in suite (just like “Section La Di Dah” of the Miller High Life commercials), to avoid peanut fumes, and just to keep us peanut-free weirdos even more safe and mentally at rest, while the rest of the D’backs fans can cheerfully munch away on their peanuts and toss their shells anywhere they’d like!
- The suite will be specially cleaned beforehand, to make sure all peanut contamination is cleaned.
- The tickets are each $20 — normal ticket price for this suite is $80!!
- Attendees will be allowed to enter through a special entrance, and have an elevator trip and a very short walk to the suite to minimize contact with peanut-toting fans.
- The suite is also right across the hallway from the first aid station, just in case there’s any peanut problem.
- As of this afternoon, even though the Diamondbacks announced the game only two days ago, 50+ of the available 70 tickets had sold out. If there’s enough demand, they’ll open a second suite next door to the first one, for additional peanut-free folks!
- The event will have oversight from the Phoenix Allergy Network, helping the Diamondbacks facilitate the needs of anaphylaxic fans.
- For tickets, call Kelly Beamish of the Diamondbacks at 602-462-4224. She’ll mail the tickets to you — again, they’re $20, no service charge or anything like that, just a plain 20-spot.
Coincidentally, Sept 13th is one of the dates for the Read Your Way to the Ballpark event, so we’ll get three free “regular” tickets to this game, as well. Wesley won’t be able to use his, so my husband Martin will use Wesley’s, and our other sons Ethan and Grant will get to go, too! It has been nearly three years since Wesley has been to a baseball game; he’s had to stay home due to rampant peanut-use at the ballpark. On many occasions, we’ve either gotten a babysitter for him, or Martin or I have taken one or both of the older boys to a game while Wes has stayed home. 😦 I am SO HAPPY that Wesley will get to go to a game. You have no idea.
Many thanks to the Diamondbacks for making this happen!!!!!