Things I Like
- Illustrations/Paintings by Stan Fellows. I have posted about Stan’s work before, but it’s been a while. Have you clicked on his relatively-new blog, there on the right, on my blogroll? Please do. How could anyone not like his work?? There is a new book of poetry coming out in March, for which Stan did the illustrations. I can’t wait.
- Raw almonds. For the last five months or so, this has been my snack food of choice. Rich in fiber, protein, calcium and iron, low in carbs… What’s not to love? Oh, the fat. And the price. I buy my almonds at Costco, and they’re $9.99 for a 3 lb bag. I can easily eat a pound a week. 😮
- Cholula. It is absolutely the best hot sauce ever. I put it on/in everything. There’s a family debate between Tabasco and Cholula, with loyalties on both sides…
- Puff. Puff is a marvelously comfy, threadbare baby blanket, so named by my firstborn when he was a toddler. I didn’t use it for Audrey… The blanket seemed boyish, and after three boys, I didn’t want anything that looked boyish or unisex; I wanted GIRL stuff. Plus, Audrey didn’t want to be covered. However, Miss Fiala is beautifully snuggly, and she loves Puff. I had to dig it out of the back of the linen closet one night when I needed a warm blanket, as my spit-up queen had christened all the other blankets. Now, we’re both sad when Puff is dirty. It’s in the dryer now. 🙂
- Freshly ironed clothes. I like ’em on my husband, on myself, on my boys, on my girls… However, the actual ironing?? Not so fond of it, as evidenced by my 2 ½ foot high stack of ironing (I measured). And that’s after I did some ironing this morning.
Posted on January 10, 2009, in Random Stuff. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.