Lovely weather, allergies, Stellar Kart, diet results, and cloth diapers!
- Probably, in another month or so, I will be whining about how hot it is. So, to give balance to that, please let me express how gloriously, beautifully, unexpectedly lovely the weather has been for the last week. Here in Phoenix in early June, highs are usually in the low 100°s. Today, though, marked the sixth consecutive day with a high in the 90°s, mostly in the lower 90°s. It has been so wonderful to have the kids be able to play outside, or at the park, for multiple hours in a row. Mornings are in the 70°s. I spent the first hour of morning outside, and finally dragged my feet inside, summoned to the needs of children. 🙂 The fine weather is supposed to last another week or so. Amazing. I’m very thankful.
- Thank you all for the bloggy outpouring of love and concern and prayers for my baby Fiala! After nearly five days of being both tree nut- and egg-free, her skin seems to be improving. The spots are still awful, but the perimeter of them seem to be shrinking. We did get an appointment with a dermatologist who is aware that eczema IS allergy-related, and who won’t just medicate, but will test for the trigger. The appointment isn’t until mid-July, though.
- I found out that Stellar Kart is giving an after-the-game concert on July 24 after the Diamondbacks play the Pirates! Woo hoo! I love SK, and I love the Diamondbacks, even though their season has been a mostly downward-trending roller coaster. (They have some GREAT videos on YouTube, but for some reason, even on their official channel, the videos are disabled.)
- This morning was a weigh-and-measure day for me. I’m sort-of dieting (which I’ve only done twice in my life before!), and definitely exercising, both with The Firm DVDs and walking (which, when I’m in better condition, will hopefully turn back into running). I decided that it would be a good idea to do a weekly weigh-and-measure, to motivate myself that the work is actually producing results. My weight can fluctuate a good 5 lbs in a few days, so the weight isn’t all that big of a deal to me; it’s more the idea of being FIT and fitting into clothing without anything pudging out over my waistband. I still feel like exercise DVDs are corny and so unrealistic, but I am definitely getting a workout, with sweat and sore muscles. Anyways. I’m down a grand total of 1.6 lbs and 1 5/8″ since last week.
- I think I’m going to switch to cloth diapers. Golly. The world of cloth diapering has dramatically changed in the last 10 years!! There are 20 billion new products and options, all which overwhelm a simple girl like me. However, I have decided that I want a product that has cotton next to my baby’s skin, and a great many of the newer cloth diapers do not. So, I think I’ll just use the 30 or so cloth diapers I already have (plain pre-folds), which were mostly sent to me by my Grandma. Diaper covers these days aren’t your mama’s plastic pants, either! They’re really nice! I have an e-mail into a lady who listed a bunch of diaper covers on Craigslist, all new, and all ¼ to ½ the price of me buying them somewhere else. I haven’t really talked to my hubby about it. I think he’d worry about the extra laundry for me, and he may be wise in his concern. But, I figure if I give it a go for a good month or so, and spend less $$ on it than on a month’s worth of disposables (due to purchases on Craigslist, etc.), then he’ll likely be onboard.