Toilet paper, nick names, losing weight, P&P, and old friends :)
- Anyone have any suggestions for inexpensive but nice toilet paper? The way we go through toilet paper makes installing a bidet seem like a cost-effective idea.
- Our toilet paper situation is not helped by Audrey. We have discovered that she, pleased with her 3yo dexterity and skill, regularly removes and throws away partially-used rolls, just so that she can install a new one. This is one of those situations where I almost wish that I was the one doing all the chores, so I would have more oversight and catch these things more quickly. The boys, “Oh, yeah… lots of times there are half rolls of toilet paper in the trash!”
- Fiala’s nickname has become “Fifa.” FEE-fuh. Like FIFA, but with a great deal more sweet chubbiness.
- I have determined that losing 10 pounds is enough to make one’s jeans fit much more loosely, but not really enough for anyone to notice… not even one’s husband. Still, I weigh less now than I have in at least five years, and even if my trimness is imaginary, I feel quite good about it. And, I freely admit that the last three pounds have been shed in the last couple of weeks, where I have been completely at a loss about what to eat, given my baby’s multiple food allergies.
- I am re-reading Pride and Prejudice, and though I don’t often read books more than once, I am thoroughly enjoying it; it still seems fresh. I am amazed at how much escaped my notice, the first time through (about a year ago). And, just to pick a fight, the movie with Keira Knightly is INFINITELY better than the BBC version with Colin Firth.
- And, Scott, if you’re reading, Martin says, “Hi!” And, I don’t even remember you making me cry, so obviously, it didn’t do any permanent damage. 😉 And, you have cute kids.