Guest post by my hubby!
My husband just called to say that the biopsy from the nodule removed from his abdominal wall on Wednesday was NEGATIVE for malignancy. Woo hoo! Hallelujah! Praise God! That is definitely, definitely an answer to prayer.
A bit of backstory: He went in for what was supposed to be hernia surgery, but the doc came out to say that it wasn’t a hernia at all; it was a nodular growth that was rooted in his abdominal muscle, and that he had to cut in/through the muscle in order to get it out, thereby CREATING a hernia, which he then repaired. Martin is doing mostly-OK now; I think he should have taken another day (today) off of work, but no matter…
He sent an e-mail to our pastor and cc’ed me on it. I asked him if I could post it on my blog as a guest post. I know that there is info in it that is going to be irrelevant to 99.5% of my readers… but it expresses my own sentiments so clearly. I have been overwhelmed with our particular church body stepping up and helping us in so many ways… It makes me love God and His church all the more.
Dennis & Nancy,
I just wanted to let you both know something. Something you probably already know, but is worth reminding ourselves of, especially as you, Dennis, have been exhorting us to “remember the things that we have heard and that were imparted to us by the laying on of hands…”
We have an incredible God, who has built up in us, His incredible church!! I was absolutely blessed by the events of the last several days and how God has used them to set in stone in my heart the awe and wonder of God, and how He uses the church to bring about His Kingdom in the lives of those who love Him.
1. The Nicholsons and Wells watching our kids at a moments notice for my surgery
2. David Wright (a.k.a. “the rock”) coming to the hospital, hanging out with me and my Dad through the pre-op and surgery, and keeping my wife encouraged while I was under the knife.
3. You guys coming over to my house [Thursday] night, chatting for a while – seeing our family in action – and then praying for me.
3. Jason stepping up and doing a phenomenal job leading worship…probably the best he has done yet. I encountered God profoundly during worship as he led, even as I sat behind the sound board! (I was even compelled to come up to the front during “How He Loves us,” I absolutely HAD to come up!)
4. Many people in our church body coming to me yesterday, telling me they have been praying, and some of them taking time to pray – on the spot – right there before we left. Two of which were very profound: Meghan (Tyler’s wife) and Mama Olga! They prayed with power and authority, which commanded the Spirit of God to come upon me and gave me profound peace and sense of God’s love, healing, and provision.
I am both humbled, and absolutely proud, to be a part of our church. This body, and the provision of the Lord working through this body, is something that cannot be taken away. Experiences like this, and like you Dennis, rewarding my boys are absolutely irreplaceable. I cannot communicate enough how pleased I am to be in our church. God has truly blessed me and us, and I would not trade ANYTHING in this world for these type of experiences. This is what church, community, and the cause of Christ are all about. These are life-changing experiences, birthed and sustained by a Sovereign God, and executed through the Church in His Holy Love!
I love Christ’s church – this is my church! I will spend my life for His church!
Posted on November 9, 2009, in Christian Living, Christianity, Family, Friendships, God/Christianity/Church, Medical Stuff, The Dear Hubby, Vineyard Phoenix, Worship. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.