Thanksgiving and other stuff
- Post-post Thanksgiving breakfast? Bacon, cranberry sauce, and homemade yeast rolls. Mmmm.
- My mom said my wild rice stuffing was the best wild rice stuffing she had ever had. I glowed.
- Fiala’s face is chewed up with bad eczema sores still, since the outing my husband and I had for our anniversary. I explained her medical plight way-too-many times to concerned extended family (and family friends) who inquired about her face.
- HOWEVER, in the most encouraging news in almost three months of The Total Elimination Diet “Adventure,” I had decided in advance that Fiala and I would eat a normal Thanksgiving dinner and just suffer the consequences, rather than bringing garbanzo flour and lamb meat to my in-laws. 😮 In what might be TMI, she has since had 100% totally healthy poop. Previously, any time I veered even a tiny bit from the TED “safe” foods, she would get green, mucous-filled poop immediately. Now, obviously, she is still having major skin issues, so I am not yet ready to abandon the TED, but her having normal poop after eating a normal (gluten-free) meal leaves me HIGHLY encouraged.
- We did not go to our appointment with the pediatric g.i. doc on Friday the 20th. This is a point of disagreement between my husband and I. I would have liked to keep it. However, I totally understand his point: We spent near $1000 on near-countless visits to the pediatric allergist, what with $50 co-pays, medication, and childcare for those doctor visits. Fiala was subjected to a variety of uncomfortable tests. For that $1000 and our sweet baby’s discomfort, we were given very little useful information from a doctor who eventually dropped us, saying he couldn’t be of any more help. The MOST effective thing, so far, has been the TED which, other than the cost of food, is free. My husband’s stance is, “Why subject her to countless tests and spend a bunch of money to get iffy results?” MY contention is that perhaps through some tests, we could get a better handle on how to proceed, instead of just guessing. Obviously, this issue is not yet resolved. I’m holding off on pushing one way or another, though, until at least after Christmas.
- On Wednesday, we got a notice of “no show” from the ped g.i. This was after I TWICE canceled the appointment with more than enough advance notice. Grr. I’ll have to take it up with them on Monday.