Bits from the week
So. Well. Part of me thinks, “I shouldn’t FEEL this busy.” And the other part of me thinks, “Whaddya kidding???” Stuff I’m doing and/or involved in right now:
- Homeschooling, including a stepped-up participation in a group, which we really haven’t done in several years. The boys are all doing an art class, plus weekly park day, plus field trips — really cool ones (the upcoming one is a desert survival outing led by a park ranger at the Spur Cross Regional Park in Cave Creek… one next week is a homeschooling day put on by Arizona Game & Fish… and there’s homeschooling day at the State Capitol building, including a Q&A with the governor).
- I’m still leading worship in a weekly kinship (small group/home group/Bible study). Martin leads one on a different night.
- I’ve been researching my family’s genealogy, both my side, and Martin’s. That will end soon, though, because my free two weeks on http://www.ancestry.com ends on Wednesday, and I’m not paying the $159 it takes to continue. Still. It’s been a very cool investigation. I’ve been collecting books and papers for a number of years, and those, added to the reams of info available online, has led to some confirmations, and some surprises. Several family lines I’ve traced back to the 1600s. I’m also really regretting not naming my children with family names, because I’ve come upon some really cool ones. One surprise is that I’ve always heard that, through my mother’s mother, I was related to Samuel Chase, who signed the Declaration of Independence. If my research is right, I’m not, at least not a direct descendant. He might be a GGGG Uncle or something like that, but I, sadly, am not his granddaughter.
- Little League is starting on Wednesday, and we’re gearing up for that.
- Plus, I’m at work 5-10 hours a week (closer to five, so far) re-writing a friend’s book, which has been great fun, and very satisfying work.
- Fiala is continuing to do very well. I had hoped that the antibiotics that she was on for five weeks would totally cure her, but it does look like she has some serious underlying food allergies. I don’t remember if I blogged about prunes (gave her hives), and the most recent really bad reaction (head-to-toe rash) was from corn. Bummer. Still. Things are good.
- I lost my phone almost a week ago. I thought I left it at Denny’s, but a friend got a gobbeldy-gook text message two days after I lost it, which makes me think that tiny fingers found the phone, and it’s somewhere in the house, which is all the more frustrating, because it’s like, “WHERE IS IT????” We’ve checked usage online, though, and it doesn’t appear that it has fallen into enemy hands, which is a huge relief.
- OK! I need to go whip up dinner, and comfort a crying 3yo. 🙂
Posted on February 15, 2010, in Arizona, Family, Friendships, Homeschooling, Life in the Desert, Memories, Missions and ministry, Random Stuff, The Dear Hubby, The Kids, Total Elimination Diet, Worship, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.