Art, birds, bread, and Fiala’s skin
- I brought my camera to the kids’ art class today… except there was no art. There was some sort of miscommunication* with the teacher; she thought we were canceling because most kids are on Spring Break this week, when we moms had all voted and all of us wanted to do art regardless.
So, the kids all played together in the park, which I think they’d rather do anyways.
My eyes always flit up to the streetlamp poles, looking for hawks… Close to our house, I exclaimed, “Up ahead… big hawk… wait a minute… is that a golden eagle??” It was. We got pics — not great ones. And, now I can’t find the cable to upload pics from my camera. Well, now I have my Sibley’s guide out, and maybe it’s a dark Ferruginous hawk, which would actually be more cool, because I’ve never ID’ed one of those before. It would have been great if I could have seen him fly; that would answer my uncertainty. But, he stayed aloft the streetlamp.
- In other “news,” my attempts this morning to produce the perfect loaf were again, unsuccessful. I’m not out of ideas yet, though. I’ll try again tomorrow. 🙂 Each time I make the recipe, I’m now making three loaves — two small and one large — because some breads work better in one or the other. One nice thing about having a family of seven is that we can EASILY polish off three loaves of bread per day, so it’s not like my flops (eleven, so far) are going to waste.
- Fiala’s skin finally started to look CLEAR yesterday. We’re still continuing Septra today, but I sent an e-mail to my friend who is a doctor to see if we could stop after today, which is day 11. I’m sort of bummed about her being on it for another eleven days, but at least it wasn’t five weeks, like last time.
- Sort-of related to the first bullet above, I spent a few minutes taking pictures of myself (which always feels extremely odd) this morning. I got a few good shots of my new hair, but again: no cable by which to upload. A couple of homeschool moms at art today did not recognize me! Obviously, it’s much different than it was, but I didn’t think it was that different.
- * The spell-check on WordPress is telling me that “miscommunication” is not a word. I use it frequently. Am I alone in this??? I just Googled it, and it’s on several online dictionaries. Hmph.