Family, baseball, book-writing, and God’s provision
- Taking Fiala off of potatoes was so beneficial, I hopefully thought, “Maybe what I thought was a corn reaction was really potato! Maybe she can really have corn!” So, last week, I tried her on corn for three days. That was dumb. Ever since, she has been SO itchy, poor girl. New lesions developed on her face, which she then scratched into oblivion, and are now infected. So, for the third time in less than six months, she’s back on antibiotics (Septra), as I wasn’t able to contain/control/heal the infection with topical bacitracin. 😦 Bummer. But, at least we know how to treat it, and at least I know now for SURE that corn is totally off-limits. Every couple of months, I try it, and I’m just not going to do that again, for a very long while. Though it would be so handy if she could eat corn, it’s just not worth it.
- Ethan’s Little League team lost in a very close game last night, their first loss of the end-of-year tournament. The final score was 3-2. It’s a double-elimination tourney, so they have at least one more game. If they win tonight’s game — and they should! — they will play again on Friday. If they win THAT game, they will play again on Saturday for the championship, because the team they will potentially meet on Friday (which is the team to which they lost, last night) is undefeated. (Double-elim tourneys are confusing, but I think I finally have it figured out!!!)
- Our dog, Tally, is recovering SO WELL from this most recent bout with Valley Fever. She is still on twice-daily fluconazole, but it is so encouraging to see her have her energy back, and she’s building muscle tone by eating extra food and zipping about the back yard.
- I’m in my final hours of ghost-writing the book I’ve been working on since February. Even though it seems like there has been continually “one more thing!” there really is light at the end of the tunnel now. Even though I have very much enjoyed work on it, I’m ready to be DONE with it. I hoped to be done yesterday. Then today… Nope. Still need work, probably 2-4 hours on both tomorrow and Friday.
- God provides. A few weeks ago, after assessing the girls’ summer wardrobes, and finding both paltry, and being in greater need than what we have the budget for, I prayed that God would provide. Within a couple of days, I got a phone call, “What sizes do your girls wear? I have a bunch of clothes, size 18 months through 4T…” Which is exactly what we needed. Thank you, Jesus. Another mom tentatively approached me at church on Sunday about some hand-me-downs for my 8yo son, as well. She kind of danced around the topic, and when I finally figured out that she was trying not to OFFEND me by offering me second-hand clothes, I told her gushingly that I LOVE hand-me-downs, and was very thankful, and completely NOT offended. 🙂
- My husband’s brother, after not living on his own — EVER — for his first 40 years of life, moved to Colorado a couple years ago, and all but disappeared. But, after leaving a message for him at his church last week, we finally were able to get a hold of him, and are delighted that we will be able to see him later this summer during our family’s vacation.
Posted on June 2, 2010, in Allergies, Baseball, Christian Living, Clothes, Colorado, Dogs, Encouragement, Extended Family, Medical Stuff, Sports Stuff, Summer Plans, The Kids, Total Elimination Diet, Travelling, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.