Small Fiala update
Went to the NMD today for Fiala. She said that there are 7-8 paths she’s considering pursuing for Fi, but we’ll take it in manageable chunks, rather than all at once. For now, we are…
- Going to do Nystatin for yeast overgrowth, internally and topically, for a month, in addition to the no-sugar, apple cider vinegar and probiotic-enhanced more-restricted than ever diet I have Fi on.
- Still pursuing a possible diabetes diagnosis, though the initial urinalysis showed no glucose dumping. We’re going to have her undergo some more specialized testing… She said that Type 1 and a kind I’d never heard of, diabetes insipidus, are still possibilities.
- We’ll very likely be seeing a pediatric endocrinologist, both for the diabetes issue and for possible hypothyroidism.
- We’re starting homeopathic graphites up again, which I’d dropped when Fi broke out badly a couple of weeks ago… I thought it was a possible reaction to the graphites. It probably isn’t. You never know….
- Fiala is going to have some bloodwork done. Not sure what all that is for… I’ll have to Google to find out what each test is for.
Other than yeast, absolutely nothing is certain… we’re just trying to pinpoint and rule things out. I’m really comfortable with this protocol. It’s not too invasive, but it feels like it’s on the right track. Not too little, not too much.