Mothering has always had the fabulous* effect of delivering humility regularly to my doorstep.
“When I’m a mother I will never…”
“When I’m a mother, I will always…”
“My kids would never do…”
(Note to self: Use fewer definitives. Always.)
- Even if you pat yourself on the back for your Mad Laundry Skillz…
- Even if those MLSses include regular use of bleach…
- Even if you find an excellent price on some high-quality washcloths…
- If said washcloths are going to live their days in a bathroom primarily used by boys…
- THEN DON’T BUY WHITE WASHCLOTHS.
If you fail to heed this lesson, you will end up with a half-dozen thick, soft, dun-colored washcloths, whose lack of white brilliance will regularly taunt you.
*can you hear the sarcasm through your screen?